Re: A good database monitoring program?

From: Emre <emregurbuz_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 23:41:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 16, 8:23 pm, Ed Prochak <edproc..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 7, 6:16 am, Emre <emregur..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > First of all I can be said new at database stuff. I want to know how
> > to test MySQL and PostgresSQL.
>
> What kind of testing?
> testing the product for bugs/features? Benchmarking?
> or
> testing applications/data developed for/using the DBMS?
>
> Performance testing? Functionality? Integration testing?
>
> >  ...       I had googled some and I am thinking of
> > using a monitoring tool. Any monitoring tool with graph reports like
> > jmeter?
>
> Since you haven't explained which "features" you wish to measure, it
> is impossible to direct you to any solution.
>

> > For comparision operation I will need a dummy database with thousands
> > of records. Is there any tool that generates data for specified
> > schema.?
>
> There may be test databases available. You failed to mention any
> application type, so again can't say what might help.
>

> > My best Regards,
> > Emre
>
> Help us help you. A little more detail would help.
>    Ed

Hi,
There will be a CRM program to develop.
I need to test different DBMS' performance, the mysql and postgresql. I need jmeter like program. The program i am looking for should test server's strength or to analyze overall performance under different load types.
And also I want to see DBMS' adaptation with major J2EE web frameworks, as well as Struts2, Spring...For this I have a web application that was written in both Struts2 and spring. I want to test DBMS separately.
I hope this detail is enough to make something clear.

My best Regards,
Emre Received on Fri Oct 17 2008 - 08:41:28 CEST

Original text of this message