Re: Guessing?

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 15:10:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 14, 2:41 pm, JOG <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
> On Jul 14, 9:42 pm, Marshall <marshall.spi..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The logic here seems totally awry to me (Who are you and what have you
> done with Marshall!). Consider:

Marshall is tremendously grumpy lately due to a variety of real-world considerations. During his absence I have taken the liberty of replacing him with a Turing-complete grump autoposter.

> > Then we're done.
>
> We were done in the post when you conceded you made a mistake and that
> noone was denying AI wasn't possible. Since then I assumed we were
> just exploring the ideas about the best ways of getting there.

The grump autoposter wants to argue more, but I'm shutting it down to shift power to the air conditioning.

For further reading:

http://www.transhumanist.com/volume1/moravec.htm

Marshall Received on Tue Jul 15 2008 - 00:10:50 CEST

Original text of this message