Re: Multiple tables refer to one -To use foreign keys or not?

From: Adriano Varoli Piazza <moranar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 06:47:26 -0700 (PDT)

On 1 jun, 00:13, "Tony Toews [MVP]" <tto..._at_telusplanet.net> wrote:
> Adriano Varoli Piazza <mora..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >We have an "attachments" table, which can refer to "works_of_art",
> >"people", "reproductions" (Let's say, more than three tables). So a
> >work of art can have attachments, a person can have a different
> >attachment, etc.
>
> What is an attachment?   I can understand the works of art, people and reproductions
> but I don't know what you mean by attachment.

An image, document or other file related to the entity in question. For a work_of_art, an image of a reproduction, a pdf copy of the invoice would be attachments. For a reproduction, a scan of the page in question where the work_of_art was reproduced (this is contrived, yes), for a person, a picture, a music file...

Saludos
Adriano Received on Sun Jun 01 2008 - 15:47:26 CEST

Original text of this message