Re: Multiple tables refer to one -To use foreign keys or not?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 10:04:21 -0700

Adriano Varoli Piazza <moranar_at_gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>A simple "Your post is very confusing, please clarify X, Y and Z"
>would have been better.

     A clear post in the first place would be even better. I have things to do with my time. If my first impression of a post is that I can not easily understand it, why should I bother with it?

>Still, I'm not offended by people telling me I'm doing things the
>worst way, or telling me what I wrote is confusing.
>I half suspect it anyway. This is very new to me.
>
>As I said, EAV is an interesting concept, and one I'd rather know, so
>thanks for pointing it out, even if it's not related to this.

     I would rather no -- as in "NO WAY!" -- EAV.

sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.