Re: Multiple tables refer to one -To use foreign keys or not?

From: Adriano Varoli Piazza <>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 03:33:33 -0700 (PDT)

On 29 mayo, 22:11, Bob Badour <> wrote:
> Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> > Adriano Varoli Piazza <> wrote:
> >>Reading,
> >>but this doesn't look like the same problem at first glance. I'll try
> >>to wrap my head around the concept.
> >>Though it does seem to be an awful lot of work for this particular
> >>task.
> >>Thanks for the readup anyway, if it's the right solution, good, and if
> >>it's not, I'll avoid reinventing stuff in the future.
> >      It is not the right solution.  It is a hideous way to do it.
> And I want to make clear I wasn't accusing the OP of anything hideous. I
> could not make enough sense of his post to tell what he was doing, and
> some of it seemed suggestive of yet another reinvention of EAV. Not
> enough to say for sure, though.

A simple "Your post is very confusing, please clarify X, Y and Z" would have been better.
Still, I'm not offended by people telling me I'm doing things the worst way, or telling me what I wrote is confusing. I half suspect it anyway. This is very new to me.

As I said, EAV is an interesting concept, and one I'd rather know, so thanks for pointing it out, even if it's not related to this.

Adriano Received on Fri May 30 2008 - 12:33:33 CEST

Original text of this message