Re: Guessing?

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 09:29:38 -0700

paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah> wrote:

[snip]

>I say it is willful to say "should be deterministic", it sort-of sounds
>good but from what I know it is contradictory with other goals people
>like Date talk about, such as making views behave the same way as base
>relations. If a dbms' logic admits boolean 'or', then traditional
>programming notions of determinism can't be satisfied. I'll take a
>consistent logic over niceties any day, even if that puts me in a
>minority - I'm already a member of many other minorities, in fact I'm a
>member of more minorities than the number of majorities most people I've
>met who were in majorities were in, even though many of them think I'm
>not even in a minority!

     If you are a member of more minorities than most other people, then that puts you in another minority. If you can keep track of all those minorities, there is another minority.

     BTW, "elite" is a shorter word, and it sounds better.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.