Re: deleting of records, opinion question

From: paul c <toledobysea_at_ac.ooyah>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 04:06:56 GMT

slinky wrote:
> I'm looking for someone, someone I can get an email from confirming
> their opinion for presenting a standard for deleing employees in an HR
> database.
>
> The issue is we have thousands of workers and hire several each day,
> some of whom we make an offer but they fail to show. Once the offer
> has been made we open a record for them even though they may not show.
> We want to, and and IS dept. to convince that these records must not
> be deleted.
>
> I need a solid opinion form an HR database person who can state their
> views on this.
>
> Does anyone out there know of such as scenario?
>
> Thanks!!

The purpose of HR depts is to make employees think they are happy even when they really aren't. As far as HR is concerned, the purpose of mgmt is to make the HR dept's employees people think they are happy even when they really aren't so as to fulfill the first purpose. By this definition, no HR person, database or otherwise, will ever state his own view, nor should he be expected to. Sensible shareholders know and expect this.

So you have a couple of thousand new phantoms every year. If you want a binding answer, don't ask the HR dept, go see the big noise. From what you wrote, I'd say you have too much time on your hands. Received on Fri Mar 21 2008 - 05:06:56 CET

Original text of this message