Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 06:12:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 16, 10:47 am, S Perryman <q..._at_q.com> wrote:
> Marshall wrote:

[Snipped]
> The essence of distributed computing is to prevent a logical view
> of computation as occurring on *one* system, even though the physical
> resources supporting the computation elements may be physically
> disparate.
What an idiotic statement. Let me rephrase that...

The essence of distributed computing is to prevent a logical centralization of resources even if the machines running the bits and pieces are different. It is like trying to fit abstract thinking starting from the lowest abstract point that one could imagine. That is not abstraction.

[Snipped]