Re: Object-relational impedence

From: S Perryman <q_at_q.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 17:05:24 +0000

Cimode wrote:

> On Mar 16, 10:47 am, S Perryman <q..._at_q.com> wrote:

>>The essence of distributed computing is to prevent a logical view
>>of computation as occurring on *one* system, even though the physical
>>resources supporting the computation elements may be physically
>>disparate.

> What an idiotic statement. Let me rephrase that...
>
> The essence of distributed computing is to prevent a logical
> centralization of resources even if the machines running the bits and
> pieces are different.

Why did you bother, because you are wrong (again) .

The concept has always been to present resources physically distributed in some manner, for whatever reasons, as though the resources are in fact constituent parts of *one centralised* system.

As espoused in the age-old concepts of "transparencies" .

Go and read about the ANSA platform, the ODP specs etc.

 > It is like trying to fit abstract thinking
> starting from the lowest abstract point that one could imagine.

 > That is not abstraction.

Who said it was ??

I think the phrase you're looking for to describe your foolishness is ... Pffft.

Regards,
Steven Perryman Received on Sun Mar 16 2008 - 18:05:24 CET

Original text of this message