Re: Object-relational impedence

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 11:33:03 -0800 (PST)

On Mar 6, 7:20 am, Eric <e..._at_deptj.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Sine is not a reasonable example, nor is it a behaviour. It is a
> mathematical function, a mapping.

What is your definition of "behavior"? How specifically (if at all) does it differ from "sending a message", "invoking a function" and "invoking a method"? Does that distinction (if it exists) exist for methods of value classes? Of classes with mutable state?

I am curious. I am also curious to see the degree of agreement between your answers and other comp.object regulars.

Marshall Received on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 20:33:03 CET

Original text of this message