Re: Object-relational impedence
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 04:09:58 -0800 (PST)
On 3 Mar, 23:37, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
> David Cressey wrote:
> > "Bob Badour" <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> >>It's pretty obvious to me: object-relational mismatch is to relations as
> >>assembler-object mismatch is to objects.
> > I didn't get this comment. Now that someone else has flagged it as a
> > keeper, I feel the need to ask for an explanation.
> What do you know about assembler?
- it maps (almost) 1 to 1 to machine code
- the primitive operations are very primitive
- the facilities for combining primitives are crude
- hence doing anything non-trivial takes lots of primitives
- not portable between architectures
are any of those relevent to your statement?
so objects "mismatch" relations
-- Nick KeighleyReceived on Thu Mar 06 2008 - 13:09:58 CET