Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Robert Martin <unclebob_at_objectmentor.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:26:58 -0600

On 2008-02-29 19:47:17 -0600, topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com> said:

> But nobody agrees on what "good" OOP is or why/if Java is "bad". Good
> OO is at the end of the rainbow, never under our microscopes.

This is equivalent to the argument used by some supporters of Intelligent Design, that "evolutionists" don't agree on the mechanisms of evolution.

It is true that there is a significant amount of controversy and disagreement in OO circles. So what? There is also a rather large body of agreement.

--
Robert C. Martin (Uncle Bob)  | email: unclebob_at_objectmentor.com
Object Mentor Inc.            | blog:  www.butunclebob.com