Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: frebe <frebe73_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 03:26:00 -0800 (PST)

> Even when the
> relational schema is embedded in a single application, state changes
> for different reasons and as different rates from behavior.

Would you mind giving examples of such changes? (You can skip the "denormalisation for performance" example.)

>      The object model, on the other hand, is optimized to address
> non-functional requirements (NFRs) related to the problem domain.

Doesn't that indicate that OO is pretty low-level, and that the coupling between the logical model and the phisycal model is high? Wouldn't it be better if we could separate the logical model handling functional requirements, and the physical model handling nonfunctional  requirements?

> > Maybe somebody may suggest me some article about mixing together DB
> > and OOP?
>
>      Because of the impedance mismatch, most OO systems use some form
> of object-relational mapping.

O/R mapping is not the best way of mixing together DB and OOP.

//frebe Received on Sat Feb 09 2008 - 12:26:00 CET

Original text of this message