Re: Mixing OO and DB

From: Dmitry A. Kazakov <mailbox_at_dmitry-kazakov.de>
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 12:01:56 +0100

On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 11:21:08 +0100, mAsterdam wrote:

> Leslie Sanford wrote:
>

>> Newsgroups: comp.object, comp.databases.theory
>> I cringe every time I see a thread crossposted to these two groups.
>> Good seldomn comes of it.

> Do you have an explanation for that?
>
> Any ideas except 'the other guys are so stupid'?

Market. Both OO and RDB are technologies with market products on sale. Between us we can admit shortcomings and problems, but what if customers would hear that? I don't accuse anybody of being hypocritical. Just once anybody gets accustomed to doublespeak it becomes difficult for him to switch back. It is like being confronted by a salesman in a shop. Relax, we aren't to buy anything, just looking around...

P.S. I don't want to appear politically correct. IMO comp.object is less aggressive than comp.databases.theory. People like topmind and frebe aren't excommunicated regardless their propaganda. Does comp.databases.theory have such?

--
Regards,
Dmitry A. Kazakov