Re: atomic

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_ooyah.ac>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2007 17:15:13 GMT

Bob Badour wrote:
> Recursive type declarations work just fine without any problems.
> Recursive value declarations would not. You seem to keep thinking
> recursive type declarations have the same problems as recursive value
> declarations. They don't.
>
> R = { A int, B typeof R } -- works
> R = { 1, valueof(R) } -- blowed up real good

Heh, John Candy is alive. Regarding "R = { A int, B typeof R } -- works", the most literal intepretation seems to me to be that R is the domain of B. For a given value of R, there couldn't be any tuple of B that isn't a tuple of R!

Does this seem nuts too? I haven't been able to convince myself otherwise, so far. Received on Tue Nov 06 2007 - 18:15:13 CET

Original text of this message