Is it Possible to Enforce This Relationship at the DB Level?

From: dutone <dutone_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:13:31 -0000

DB layout is as follows:

| Client |

             1

           0..*
-------------------------------

| Service |
------------------------------- 1 | | 1 --------------------------------- ---------------------------
| Spreadsheet Config | 1 ------ 1..* | Cell Config |
-------------------------------- --------------------------- 1 1 | | | | 1 | -------------------------------- |
| Spec | |
-------------------------------- | 1 | | | | | 1..* | -------------------------------- |
| Field |
1----------------------------| --------------------------------

Every client has a spreadsheet that must implement a version of Spec. For this version, the cell config must corresponding to cells in the spreadsheet containing fields for the given Spec.

As long a Cell Config references a Fileld, th DB will be happy, but the problem I have is making sure that the Fields referenced by Cell Config are indeed children of the Spec referenced by Spreadsheet Config.

Is it possible to enforce this at a DB level? Maybe my model is flawed?

Thanks Received on Mon Oct 15 2007 - 15:13:31 CDT