Re: Signing relational databases

From: Julien Lafaye <sensei+usenet_at_pinglou.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 09:03:25 +0200

Marshall wrote:

> I don't see any obvious reason why a digital signature algorithm
> should
> much care what the payload is. If not, then the question devolves to
> what format to represent a database in, and what cryptographic hash
> to use. Any reason not to just export the database in some native
> text format?

My problem with that but perhaps it would seem like a researcher problem is the following. A relational table should be invariant to a reordering of the tuples and/or the attributes. The signature algorithm should reflect this and I was wondering whether such an algorithm exists.

Julien Received on Thu Apr 19 2007 - 09:03:25 CEST

Original text of this message