Re: Signing relational databases

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 18 Apr 2007 19:20:23 -0700

On Apr 18, 7:03 am, Julien Lafaye <sensei+use..._at_pinglou.net> wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> does any of you know about a signing algorithm (as in digital signature) for
> relational databases. I guess there are some academic papers on this topic
> but can't find them using Google.

I don't see any obvious reason why a digital signature algorithm should
much care what the payload is. If not, then the question devolves to what format to represent a database in, and what cryptographic hash to use. Any reason not to just export the database in some native
text format?

I guess MD5 is starting to wear thin. I dunno what the replacement is; probably sci.crypt is the place to ask.

Marshall Received on Thu Apr 19 2007 - 04:20:23 CEST

Original text of this message