Re: 'Theoretical' DB OS

From: <christianlott1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Mar 2007 06:57:52 -0700

I am now having my doubts about the need for this supposed 'superkey'.

Since tuples in a relation are modified (inserted, deleted, updated) all at once, that makes them naturally position dependent for reading and modification.

So when I pull the attribute files into memory from a relation they will naturally line up with each other. I would still want a key for that whole relation so when I pull in a related relation (a join) I know what to match with what.

Am I getting this right? Is this wrong?

Christian Received on Sun Mar 25 2007 - 15:57:52 CEST

Original text of this message