Re: Large dataset performance

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Mar 2007 02:31:24 -0700

On Mar 20, 10:53 pm, "jma" <junkmailav..._at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello Cimode,
>
> first let me say that you're right I am far away from being literate
> in SQL.
Then you know what to do. Understand better set operations on SQL and read books about relational model that will help you.

Introduction to database systems - CJ DATE

> However, consider that I am simulating the way a client
> application would be writing data to the database and this cannot
> change... I would really love to read directly from a binary stream
> into a db table, so that the performance would be adequate. Such a
> solution would fit me very well, since my data have a persistent
> pattern, for example int,double,double,double. Anyway, thanks for your
> remark
Any practice or implementation should first be guided by a good grasp of underlying principles. The chances of success in building decent systems without knowledge is close to NULL (One *may* get lucky sometimes).

Hope this helps...