So what's on YOUR bookshelf?

From: Walt <wamitty_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:44:08 GMT

I took a quick peek on my bookshelf, the one that has to do with computing.

About half the books should be cleared off, but I probably won't get around to that for another ten years.

Books from the "golden era" & later:

Computers & Thought, edited by Feldman & Feigenbaum Computer Program for Understanding Natural Language, Dissertation by Terry Winograd
Pascal User Manual & Report, Jensen & Wirth Pascal with Style, Ledgard, Hueras, & Nagin The Psychology of computer Programming, Wienberg Database Processing: Fundamentals, Design, Implementation, Kroenke & Dolan Object Oriented Analysis, Coad
Object-Oriented Modeling & Design

These are the ones I actually got some use out of.

The others are mostly reference manuals. One that stands out for me is

ORACLE: The Complete Reference.

It's pretty good, as these kinds of books go. Received on Sat Mar 17 2007 - 22:44:08 CET

Original text of this message