Re: A database theory resource - ideas

From: Bruce C. Baker <bcbakerXX_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 20:30:45 -0500

"paul c" <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote in message news:ooHKh.26513$zU1.14184_at_pd7urf1no...
> Bruce C. Baker wrote:

>> I don't completely agree with either you or Bob B., but this whole
>> discussion is moot anyway. Ninety-nine percent of the programmers I know
>> don't own even /one/ computer book, and nine-tenths of the remaining one
>> percent never progressed beyond chapter three in the ones they do own.
>> :-(
>
> That trumps me as I don't know 1,000 programmers.

Neither do I, but of the fifty or so I have worked with in the last quarter-century, I'd have to say that only two at most own and/or have read even one book, not excluding a "... for Dummies" volume.

Just out of curiosity, how does that match up with your experience? Received on Sat Mar 17 2007 - 02:30:45 CET

Original text of this message