Re: An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view

From: Cimode <cimode_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Mar 2007 06:48:53 -0700

On Mar 13, 7:00 pm, "Dmitry Shuklin" <shuk..._at_bk.ru> wrote:
> On 12 อมา, 20:34, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > --> A Row does not have attributes, A relation does. You are
> > redefining what the meaning of an attribute.
>
> Row is the relation!
Assuming a Row would be synonym for tuple, what you are saying is still absurdity..

> Row is a subset from Cartesian product of all attributes to values
> from domains.
Hear! Hear!

How do you define and characterize the subset as opposed to the cartesian product? What domain of value are you refering to?

I can not count the amount of vagueness and incoherence you are capable to produce in one sentence...

> And please do not apply relational data model to my work. I don't
> based on it. I just want to compare. And may be take all good things
> from RDBMS which applicable.
No risk..

Your *work* is a perfect example of Date's Incoherence Principle

It is not possible or extremely difficult to deal coherently(RM) with what is intrinsically incoherent (your *work*)

Considering you inability to recognize that you are simply mistaken and ignorant of data fundamentals, I can only conclude that you are a self aggrandizing ignorant. No additional time should be spent on commenting your nonsense. Received on Wed Mar 14 2007 - 14:48:53 CET

Original text of this message