Re: An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view

From: Dmitry Shuklin <shuklin_at_bk.ru>
Date: 13 Mar 2007 11:20:25 -0700

On 13 อมา, 02:26, "topmind" <topm..._at_technologist.com> wrote:

> To clarify, I hope you are not ruling out system-generated ID's (such
> as sequentially-assigned employee ID's). These can be quite useful in
> practice.

Agree. I allow auto generated and custom OIDs. Further more I allow OID synonymy and homonymy.
So one instance can have many OIDs and one unique OID can points to many instances in one DB.
It is depends from contexts

> The
> biggest difference between RDBMS generated ID's and object-ID's is
> that the DB ones "stay" and are not tied to physical RAM.

In network OODB pointer is just logic concept. It is absolutelly not related to physical RAM Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 19:20:25 CET

Original text of this message