Re: An object-oriented network DBMS from relational DBMS point of view

From: topmind <topmind_at_technologist.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2007 17:17:24 -0700

On Mar 12, 11:08 am, "Dmitry Shuklin" <shuk..._at_bk.ru> wrote:
> On 10 อมา, 18:32, "JOG" <j..._at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > - Row A says Aristotle is a Row Z
> > - Row Z says a Human is a mortal.
>
> No,
> Row A has attribute Name = "Aristotle" and attribute Type = RowZ
> Row Z has attribute Lifetime = "mortal"
>
> So here is one join

I am not sure relational algebra by itself is a sufficient replacement for Prolog. In practice such references could result in circular references because it is hard to guarentee that all encoded domain logic is a clean tree (is-a) or a D.A.G. It appears relational algebra steers clear of circular references, which is generally a good thing. (Although Cartesian products are almost as bad.)

-T- Received on Tue Mar 13 2007 - 01:17:24 CET

Original text of this message