Re: Constraints and Functional Dependencies

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 28 Feb 2007 07:35:51 -0800

On Feb 27, 3:20 pm, "Tony D" <tonyisyour..._at_netscape.net> wrote: >
> I wish I could agree about the semantics, but I'm not yet convinced.

I am impressed with the degree to which they've thought through every last detail of what needs to be possible with relations, and how it should work. This is the main value it seems to me. How they've organized it, choice of operators, syntax, etc. is merely okay.

> I'm also not 100% convinced about the utility of possreps.

For myself, I completely fail to see the point of possreps.

Marshall Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 09:35:51 CST