Re: Constraints and Functional Dependencies

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 01:22:20 GMT

Marshall wrote:
> On Feb 27, 7:59 am, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>While I identified that you are handicapped by a poor mathematical
>>background whithout being aware of it, you are fighting the right
>>fight in general computing terms thanks to the enlightnment that is
>>brought by RM concepts.

> Please let me make a small correction to the above if I may:
> I am in fact excruciatingly aware of my limited mathematical
> background.

As I am. When exceptions have been made, here and there, I've also been pained to notice how we can break a theory and then can no longer depend on what it predicts. However, when we make a theory, the pre-eminent decisions are whether we are happy with it and whether we are willing to abide by it for some limited purpose. We must agree to let the math try and help us before all else but we must keep it in its place, subservient to our motives, otherwise we become slaves.

p Received on Wed Feb 28 2007 - 02:22:20 CET

Original text of this message