Re: Quote from comp.object

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 18:23:13 GMT

Marshall wrote:

> On Feb 27, 9:21 am, Thomas Gagne <tga..._at_wide-open-west.com> wrote:
>

>>Marshall wrote:
>>
>>><snip>
>>>2) Author makes hilarious performance claims out of thin air but
>>>doesn't support them.
>>
>>Does every statement require a thesis to back it up, or is that only
>>necessary for the cynically inexperienced, willfully ignorant, or
>>professional trolls?

Anyone else notice the "levelling" going on? Not to mention the "loaded question" sophistry.

> Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
>
> Marshall

Indeed. If you are going to engage the self-aggrandizing ignorants, I wish you would take the time to point out that sophistry is sophistry. Received on Tue Feb 27 2007 - 19:23:13 CET

Original text of this message