Re: range remove in BTree, or other table storage

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:04:45 GMT

laurent wrote:

> On Feb 23, 12:42 pm, "Cimode" <cim..._at_hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>On Feb 23, 6:34 pm, "laurent" <laurento..._at_gmail.com> wrote:> care to explain what you mean by 'interset fusion'? google does not
>>
>>>know anything about it.
>>
>>I am afraid you will not get a serious database education by using
>>google or online questions, but by reading books such as the one
>>suggested. *interset fusion* is just another way to say fusion
>>between sets of data. In the case of bulk insert the relational
>>operation allowing to support the computing fusion between the sets of
>>existing data and the set of new data is a simple union operation.
>
> I am very aware of that. Sadly enough my employer is looking for an
> implementation of this use case rather than a mere mathematical
> rephrasing.

Laurent, the consensus seems to be Cimode suffers breaks from reality. I once thought his invented terms resulted from him using literal translations from some other language, but after a time I realised he just makes some of them up. Received on Fri Feb 23 2007 - 20:04:45 CET

Original text of this message