Re: Objects and Relations

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 17 Feb 2007 18:26:59 -0800

On Feb 17, 6:06 pm, "Keith H Duggar" <dug..._at_alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> I encourage anyone wishing to learn more about this cimode
> robot to read that thread. It is an entertaining assortment
> of some of the robot's most moronic moments.

I would like to second your suggestion than anyone wishing to draw their own conclusions review past threads. However I would emphasize that it would be best to do so in the original context, and not in any of the digest threads, such as the famous "Fraud Number X" threads that Cimode has prepared. Those latter contain a number of misattributions, and also of course lack the complete context. As a small example of his difficulty with accuracy you have only to note that he wasn't able to get the "Fraud" count past four before he started making simple counting errors. If you are interested in his point-by-point commentary by all means read the digest threads as well. Cimode often links to his personal digest threads rather than the original context.

> PS. Someone please reprogram the cimode robot to post to the
> correct subthread and to do so only once per post?

The "robot" hypothesis is certainly amusing, however my money's on bipolar disorder. Periods of frantic activity+ paranoia, followed by multi-week absences.

Marshall
Fraud Number 1 Received on Sun Feb 18 2007 - 03:26:59 CET

Original text of this message