Re: Navigation question

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Feb 2007 11:23:33 -0800

> In another thread "navigation" is again mentioned as undesirable. It
> often sounds as if folks are saying that there is data-based software
> written without using any navigation; that there truly is an option;
> that we can choose an approach with navigation or one without.

The navigational fly paper is stuck by RM proponents on non-RM methodologies to NULLify them. It has nothing to do with the abstraction level of a methodolgy's interface. If a methodology smells like XML, MV, trees, binary joins, pointers, graphs, networks, it is patted on all sides with navigational fly paper to completely immobilize it. Also if a methodology's interface (ie dbd) doesn't expose its NULLs, IDs and joins (like RM's SQL), it must surely be using navigational voodoo :) Received on Wed Feb 14 2007 - 13:23:33 CST