Re: Objects and Relations

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2007 19:41:55 -0800

> > > No. The parenthesized elements within the braces can be reordered;
> > > the elements of the ordered tuple within the parentheses cannot.
>
> > What is the logic/proof/rationale that allows one
> > to go from sets with unordered elements to sets with ordered element?
>
> We do not create a new kind of set.
> Rather, we use one set to model the order of another set.

I still can't understand the logic/rationale explaining the transition from sets with unordered elements to sets with ordered elements, either from above or Chapter 7 of Schuam's Outline.

If unordered sets are the foundation, how can one express the string 'bob' with unordered sets only? Received on Wed Jan 31 2007 - 04:41:55 CET

Original text of this message