Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: Beowulf <beowulf_is_not_here_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:46:57 GMT

Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote:
>

>> Gene Wirchenko wrote:
>>>      Why use a hierarchy?
>>>
>>>      I have many bookmarks in my browser.  Unfortunately, bookmarks
>>> are hierarchal.  I sometimes want to create the same bookmark under
>>> more than one category.
>> And that's also, I would say, one of the most obvious glaring, idiotic,
>> presumptuous, un-thought of, overlooked, missing features in every mail
>> or news reader I've seen.

> I have had some links where I could have fit them in five
> categories. You would like something like this, too, eh? I think I
> will develop it further and write it up for Mozilla.

This already exists as an online social networking app at http://furl.net. No hierarchies, just a flat list of URLs marked with user defined tags. Since it is online, you can do searches to see which users have furled the same things you have and compare the things they've furled to things you've furled. Received on Thu Jan 25 2007 - 17:46:57 CET

Original text of this message