Re: Nulls, integrity, the closed world assumption and events

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 18:07:32 -0800

Lemming <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk> wrote:

[snip]

>There are two rules of usenet which I have never yet seen broken.
>
>1) Nobody ever leaves a group because of what someone else says; they
>only ever leave because of what *they* say. (Or because the group has
>no value to them, but that's another story.)

     How would you know?

     I have left a forum due to bullying by another. I did not make a production of it. I simply left, and it most certainly was due to my treatment by another. His remarks were way past simple rudeness.

>2) People who claim that although they are a "lone voice crying in the
>wilderness" but have lots of people emailing them in support are
>liars.

     Again, how would you know?

>OTOH: keep fighting your corner. You've got an opinion, share it.
>You might even be right. But *please* don't resort to troll tactics
>like claiming fictitious, off-group "supporters". It's transparent
>and crass.

     Trolling is about all she does. (We are talking years here.) I finally killfiled her and have enjoyed the improvement. My killfile is set to mark her messages read, so if I decide to check out a post, I can. So far, what I have seen in quoted material leads me to believe that my killfiling decision came later than it should have.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.