Re: Nulls, integrity, the closed world assumption and events

From: Lemming <thiswillbounce_at_bumblbee.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 01:53:19 +0000

On 23 Jan 2007 18:59:39 -0800, "dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>On Jan 21, 11:49 pm, Bob Badour <bbad..._at_pei.sympatico.ca> wrote:
><snip>
>> Please. Do the world a huge favour and pick up knitting.
>
>I figured while I was listening to the US President, I could double
>the, uh, pleasure by reading an unread backlog of BB's insults.
>
>This response once again makes me wonder why he cares so much, what he
>finds so threatening, so that he just can't ignore me. I can understand
>telling GWB (Bush) what he could do that would be a huge favor to the
>world, but to think that I could simply pick up knitting and it would
>be doing a world a huge favor, well that just made me smile. I must be
>making some progress as I am clearly hitting a nerve with some
>proponents of that which I am questioning. I'd rather be loved by all,
>but if this is a by-product of making a difference, then ah well...
>
>cheers! --dawn
>P.S. Thanks to the lurkers who have sent off-list e-mails of
>encouragement. I do realize that there is a vast industry of
>practitioners of which I am but one little voice, and one with more
>questions than answers, to be sure. Perhaps it is futile (as some have
>suggested) to even attempt a dialog with theorists on matters of
>interest to practitioners, and, no, I do not enjoy the nasty personal
>insults. So, your offlist positive comments are appreciated. Thanks.

There are two rules of usenet which I have never yet seen broken.

  1. Nobody ever leaves a group because of what someone else says; they only ever leave because of what *they* say. (Or because the group has no value to them, but that's another story.)
  2. People who claim that although they are a "lone voice crying in the wilderness" but have lots of people emailing them in support are liars.

OTOH: keep fighting your corner. You've got an opinion, share it. You might even be right. But *please* don't resort to troll tactics like claiming fictitious, off-group "supporters". It's transparent and crass.

Lemming

--
Curiosity *may* have killed Schrodinger's cat.