Re: How to represent a Specification in the Relational model

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Jan 2007 07:32:39 -0800

> http://www.utexas.edu/its/windows/database/datamodeling/dm/hierarchies.html

Suppose a system is implemented as shown in "Figure 1: Examples of Generalization Hierarchies". The next day, a student who is not a person (he is a martian) shows up for enrollment? Where do I put him in the type hierarchy? Or the next day, the univeristy hires a horse (Mr Ed) to be a faculty member. Where do I put him in the hierarchy? Or the next day, the university hires security robots to be staff members. Where do I put them in the hierarchy? Received on Sat Jan 13 2007 - 16:32:39 CET

Original text of this message