Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: dawn <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 13:18:43 -0800

Neo wrote:
> > ... di-graph with trees on the nodes.
>
> In my quest to put the world in a "hierarchy", I have already hit a
> snag. I wanted to store the captial cities of various countries but
> this quickly gets out of hand. How can I use "di-graphs with trees on
> nodes" or Relational Model to organize the below?
<snip>

> How do I get rid of all those NULLs?

I know of no products that use a "wiki data model" (di-graph of trees) that also require the same removal of nulls. As soon as you can model a null as an empty set or empty list and employ two-valued logic, all those bloomin' SQL NULL issues go away. So, don't worry about the nulls with this model.

--dawn Received on Thu Jan 11 2007 - 22:18:43 CET

Original text of this message