Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Jan 2007 09:14:46 -0800

> ... di-graph with trees on the nodes.

In my quest to put the world in a "hierarchy", I have already hit a snag. I wanted to store the captial cities of various countries but this quickly gets out of hand. How can I use "di-graphs with trees on nodes" or Relational Model to organize the below?

Country1 has city1, city2, city3, ....

Country1's capital city is city1, city2, city3, ....
Country1's official capital city is city1, city2, city3, ....
Country1's administrative capital city is city1, city2, city3, ....
Country1's legislative capital city is city1, city2, city3, ....
Country1's judicial capital city is city1, city2, city3, ....
Country1's de facto capital city is city1, city2, city3, ....

How about:
T_City (id, name)
T_Country (id, city, capital, official_cap, admin_cap, leg_cap, jud_cap, defacto_cap)

How do I get rid of all those NULLs? Received on Thu Jan 11 2007 - 18:14:46 CET

Original text of this message