Re: How to represent a Specification in the Relational model

From: S. Robert James <srobertjames_at_gmail.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2007 21:17:34 -0800

Thanks for the replies. I see how this will solve problem #2. But what's the solution to problem #1? An order can be specified either for a product (Toaster), without specifying a particular subproduct (any Toaster); or an order can be specified for a particular subproduct (GE Toaster 3000). How are both of those orders modelled?

Bob Badour wrote:
> Meanwhile, you have quickly and easily described an entire solution for
the allegedly complex solution.