Re: Ideas for World Hierarchy Example

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 01:26:57 GMT

Gene Wirchenko wrote:
> paul c <toledobythesea_at_oohay.ac> wrote:
>

>>Gene Wirchenko wrote:
>>
>>>     Why use a hierarchy?
>>>
>>>     I have many bookmarks in my browser.  Unfortunately, bookmarks
>>>are hierarchal.  I sometimes want to create the same bookmark under
>>>more than one category.
>>
>>And that's also, I would say, one of the most obvious glaring, idiotic,
>>presumptuous, un-thought of, overlooked, missing features in every mail
>>or news reader I've seen.

> I have had some links where I could have fit them in five
> categories. You would like something like this, too, eh? I think I
> will develop it further and write it up for Mozilla.

Good for you, that would be a public service. Isn't it amazing how these days Microsoft thinks the one big thing they need to do their browser is add the tabs that somebody else thought of? Why anybody would think their db group is any more imaginative is beyond me. Of course most of their customers have limited imaginations, that's one reason why Fabian is right about N.A., the customer-driven mantra of big biz in the early 1990's is showing its result, namely downhill.

As for email, the practice of dumping a message into two different folders seems very 60's to me but not nearly as charming as some of the 60's getup some of the locals here wear.

p Received on Wed Jan 10 2007 - 02:26:57 CET

Original text of this message