Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Marshall <marshall.spight_at_gmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2006 14:30:28 -0800

> Ha ha ha ha ha.
> You made my day.
> This is the funniest post I've seen on cdt in the 5+ years I've been
> watching.
> Who said self-deprecating humor died with the Three Stooges.

I just want to highlight the above as a prime example of a content-free response. When some kinds of people wish to refute a post but lack any substantive argument with which to do so, ridicule is a common choice. It can be an effective rhetorical technique; it is convincing to those who aren't paying much attention. Note how the post this was in response to contained a number of specific points backed with specific examples, and note how the above post doesn't even mention them, let alone address them.

Marshall Received on Wed Dec 13 2006 - 23:30:28 CET

Original text of this message