Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Dec 2006 08:16:55 -0800

> It has been proven in numerous research studies that menu's use is deletrious if nesting goes above two levels... File systems are the only real vestige of hierarchy left and are a well known and are rapidly changing to add none hierarchical features...

If hierarchal interfaces are so deletrious and we have numerous research studies to prove it, why not extend this to the file explorer and limit it two levels?

> Very little in the world is hierarchical.

How about physicals things like cars and airplanes? How about B-Trees that are used to implement most relational databases?

Suppose a database stores the bill of material for a car and it presents the data in tablular and hierarchal interfaces? What would be so deletrious? Would someone be willing enter a car bom in a database without a hierarchal interface (ie MS Access) and compare it with dbd which has both? Received on Wed Dec 13 2006 - 17:16:55 CET

Original text of this message