Re: Generalised approach to storing address details

From: Gene Wirchenko <genew_at_ocis.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:40:57 -0800

"JOG" <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote:

>Gene Wirchenko wrote:

[snip]

>> I can help with that. Read "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How
>> Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated
>> Self-Assessments". It is a great paper and explains a lot.
>
>Fascinating. I particularly enjoyed the insight:
>
>"We propose that those with limited knowledge in a domain suffer a dual
>burden: Not only do they reach mistaken conclusions and make
>regrettable errors, but their incompetence robs them of the ability to
>realize it. "

     Quite. The people who say "You think you know everything.", IME, speak about an area that I know a lot about (though, not everything) and that they know comparatively little about. That insight has saved me a lot of trouble.

     While there could be an exception, I have not come across one yet. People who know and who do not know disagree with others differently.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko

Computerese Irregular Verb Conjugation:

     I have preferences.