Re: Bob needs a new catchphrase

From: paul c <toledobythesea_at_dbms.yuc>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 01:16:55 GMT

BobTheDataBaseBoy wrote:
> To quote Allen Holub (a coder): "Just say No to XML". I will add, in
> all its forms.

The thing is, a bunch of people were asleep at the switch when the internet's growth underlined the need for better transfer formats, so as often happens the first attempt even though inferior prevailed. As usual, the crowd took over and started using xml for all kinds of nonsense, even though it was flawed from the start - I remember one of the authors acknowledging how fat, byte-wise, it was and saying that this could be remedied via compression. Some remedy, just jobs for the boys.

p Received on Tue Oct 31 2006 - 02:16:55 CET

Original text of this message