Re: Proposal: 6NF

From: David Cressey <dcressey_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 11:34:16 GMT

"dawn" <dawnwolthuis_at_gmail.com> wrote in message

I was just calling you on the "it's obviously impossible to represent many of those values using computers" line, which says nothing about
"easily" nor about representing them strictly with digits, for example.

Excuse me. "representing using computers" *does* imply representing strictly with digits, as long as you are taking the term "computer" to mean
"digital computer". None of us today use the term "computer" in casual
discussion to include the analog machines built by people like Vannevar Bush. Received on Thu Oct 19 2006 - 13:34:16 CEST

Original text of this message