Re: inventory management problem

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_pei.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 16:02:44 GMT

Volker Hetzer wrote:

> prabuinet schrieb:
>

>> Volker Hetzer wrote:

>>> What are opening and closing stock reports?
>>> And is this a homework assignment? You sure go about it like if it is.
>>>
>>> Volker
>>> --
>>> For email replies, please substitute the obvious.
>>

>> Thanks for response,
>>
>> This is not an home work assignment, I just simplified my tables and
>> put it like this,
>> actually my real tables are:
>>
>> create table PMPurchase(
>> PMPurchaseId integer primary key autoincrement,
>> RefNo varchar(50) unique,
>> SellerId integer,
>> PurchaseDate smalldatetime);
>>
>> create table PMPurchaseDetails
>> (PMPurchaseDetailsId integer primary key autoincrement,
>> PMPurchaseId Integer,
>> ItemId Integer,
>> GodownId Integer,
>> Quantity Real,
>> Rate Real);
>>
>> Create table StockLedger(
>> StockLedgerId integer primary key autoincrement,
>> ItemId integer,
>> GodownId integer,
>> TransId integer,
>> TransDate SmallDateTime,
>> OpeningBalance Integer,
>> ClosingBalance Integer,
>> AdjustedQuantity Integer,
>> RecordType Integer);
>

> What are the balances?
> And what is the godownid?
>
> Lots of Greetings!
> Volker
>
> PS: To those who complain about indians doing "their" jobs:
> - If you work at US company X and X's management goes and hires
>   in india, why do you complain to the indians? Shouldn't you
>   talk to your own management instead?

I don't work at US company X and my company's management doesn't hire in India so none of that is relevant.

> - If your management hires in india, why should the indians refuse?

Indeed. And if they can find someone in the US or Europe dumb enough to do the actual work for them, why should they refuse that either?

> - If an american asks in this group, does he get shitted by a bunch
>   of indians, complaining that he's underqualified and botches a job
>   indians could do better and which therefore should be theirs?

Nah! Sensible people ignore him just like the sensible people ignored prabuinet. Of course, the people handing out answers to homework assignments get shit on just like folks doing incompetent people's work for them get ridiculed. Received on Mon Oct 16 2006 - 18:02:44 CEST

Original text of this message