Re: inventory management problem

From: Volker Hetzer <firstname.lastname_at_ieee.org>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 17:43:22 +0200

prabuinet schrieb:
> Volker Hetzer wrote:

>> prabuinet schrieb:
>>> I have two tables:
>>>
>>> purchase  (ItemId, PurchQuantity, PurchaseDate);
>>> sales     (ItemId, SalesQuantity, SalesDate);
>>>

>>> With these two table could I able to find:
>>>
>>> 1. Quantity in Stock at any given date of any item.
>>> 2. Purchase and Sales and their OpeningStock and ClosingStock Report
>>> Ordered by date
>> What are opening and closing stock reports?
>> And is this a homework assignment? You sure go about it like if it is.
>>
>> Volker
>> --
>> For email replies, please substitute the obvious.

> Thanks for response,
>
> This is not an home work assignment, I just simplified my tables and
> put it like this,
> actually my real tables are:
>
> create table PMPurchase(
> PMPurchaseId integer primary key autoincrement,
> RefNo varchar(50) unique,
> SellerId integer,
> PurchaseDate smalldatetime);
>
> create table PMPurchaseDetails
> (PMPurchaseDetailsId integer primary key autoincrement,
> PMPurchaseId Integer,
> ItemId Integer,
> GodownId Integer,
> Quantity Real,
> Rate Real);
>
> Create table StockLedger(
> StockLedgerId integer primary key autoincrement,
> ItemId integer,
> GodownId integer,
> TransId integer,
> TransDate SmallDateTime,
> OpeningBalance Integer,
> ClosingBalance Integer,
> AdjustedQuantity Integer,
> RecordType Integer);

What are the balances?
And what is the godownid?

Lots of Greetings!
Volker

PS: To those who complain about indians doing "their" jobs: - If you work at US company X and X's management goes and hires

   in india, why do you complain to the indians? Shouldn't you    talk to your own management instead?
- If your management hires in india, why should the indians refuse? - If an american asks in this group, does he get shitted by a bunch

   of indians, complaining that he's underqualified and botches a job    indians could do better and which therefore should be theirs?

--
For email replies, please substitute the obvious.