Re: Columns without names

From: Jan Hidders <hidders_at_gmail.com>
Date: 20 Sep 2006 02:17:51 -0700

JOG wrote:

> I've been toying with viewing a database as a set of assertions, S,
> which is split into relvars, defined as: R = { x E S : .... }. From
> that viewpoint, I'm interested in what distinguishes assertions about
> dogs names and owners names, so that the appropriate set 'collects'
> them.

The predicate distinguishes them. For this discussion the propositions should be analysed further and then we find that they consists of:

1. the involved predicate
2. a set of participating objects
3. the relationship between the places in the predicate and the
participating objects.

> If this is a fruitless exercise I'm more than happy to find that
> out from yourself Jan.

An exercise that leads to a better understanding of the involved issues is never fruitless. :-)

  • Jan Hidders