Re: Multiple keys and transition constraints

From: Brian Selzer <brian_at_selzer-software.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 04:07:56 GMT

"J M Davitt" <jdavitt_at_aeneas.net> wrote in message news:N_oOg.42$8e5.29_at_tornado.ohiordc.rr.com...

> Brian Selzer wrote:

>> "JOG" <jog_at_cs.nott.ac.uk> wrote in message

>>>This requires more information to answer.
>>>
>>>Can you tell us which attribute identifies the subject [of each
>>>proposition] in real life over the updates. Then I can determine /what/
>>>exactly has experienced the transition.
>>>
>>>No other questions, just that.
>>>

>> Well, that's the dilemma, there are two subjects because there are two
>> keys. Consider the following relation:
>
> [Why do you flog yourself with this nonsense?!]
>
> "subjects."  "keys."  Hmm...  re:  r v. r':
>
> B is a key, you say?  Well, the same determinant
> values in B have different dependent values.  So?
>
> A is a key, you say?  Well, the same determinant
> values in A have different dependent values.  So?
>
> If that design doesn't make you happy, concoct
> one that will.

I am completely at a loss as to the content and purpose of your post: What nonsense? Are you questioning whether A and B are keys? Are you saying that transition constraints are irrelevant? What is your point? Mind reading isn't my forte, so could you please be a little more specific? Received on Fri Sep 15 2006 - 06:07:56 CEST

Original text of this message