Re: On what OLAP can and what OLAP can't

From: <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: 8 Sep 2006 02:59:33 -0700

> Before I invest the time and effort at trying to summarize and explain the
> benefits of star schema design, I want to have some inkling about whether
> it's a waste of time.

Hi David,

nice.
If you still wish to provide it, I'd like to hear that explanation. I need to fill up my infinite ignorance :)

PS
Hey Bob, oops Christofer, why do you need multiple personalities to reinforce
your statements. Do you really think that is a winning technique? You look desperate.

The problem is that the multiple personalities you use are practically a clone
of the same. And that one is somehow strongly detached from *real* world of dbms(es)

and data analysis.

Do you really think this is a way to increase your sales? You really assume the people
here are so dumb it's not clear to anyone what you are doing?

I am new here and it took me less then 3 of your postings to get the whole picture.
I am not particularly smart, as you kindly pointed out. So imagine a smart person ...

Or do you aim to have a readership of flat idiots like me that says ohh this stuff is
really hard. I cannot even get a tenth of it, after rereading it 10
times, oohh
Uau this guy is really smart (hmmm, I wish I had his penis).

Do you not sincerely think that a more serious attitude would be successful in the
long run, even for sales?

Ready for all kind of insults. They will go in the time black hole... :) Received on Fri Sep 08 2006 - 11:59:33 CEST

Original text of this message